Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Oooh...pictures!

I was looking at my digital camera today, and I realised that I have lots of pictures that I'm not doing anything with. So here is a selection of some that I like...


Ladies and gentlemen, I give you exhibit A. Meet Mr Anthony. As you can see, easily startled, but otherwise altogether a thoroughly good egg.



Ah yes. Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner that I love... Carmarthen, a town near the coast of South Wales. Thinking about it, it's probably more to do with the fact that this is where I grew up.



Now, of course, I live in Thailand. This is part of the garden shared by the residents of Taopoon Mansion. You can just about make out the edge of the fountain that's beyond the seating area. What you can't see are the steps beyond the fountain that lead up to the swimming pool. Our apatment is just out of shot to the right, so from the balcony we look straight out at the garden. I say "our apartment" because I share it with...




You! Yes, that's right, you!
This is Ken. Aw, look at his cheeky little grin. It's great living with him. He's taken very good care of me while I've been finding my feet in Bangkok.








Now pay attention 007. This is the (in)famous 7 Eleven shop, currently spreading through Thailand at a rate that would make the WHO weep. Every block in Bangkok has at least two of these. With a name like "7 Eleven" you'd expect them to be open from 7 to...well, you know. Actually they stay open 24 hours a day. This one is just outside Taopoon Mansion so it's perfect for those late night snack runs.



Here's Gareth. He's my best friend from school and is pictured here with his lovely wife, Tracey...Gareth's the one on the right. This was taken shortly after they moved into their fantastic new house. I've actually just missed his birthday - oops. Oh well, as a special birthday treat, and so you can see how long we've known each other...






...the two of us when we were about 14.

1 comment:

Sophie said...

Oh my, you are the cutest 14 year old!